Sunday, November 06, 2005

When the Inevitable Happens

My ex-boyfriend is getting married. Our mutual friends broke the news to me last night. The moment after she told me the news, she recoiled in fear. But, to my surprise, I wasn't heart-broken at all. Quite the opposite. I told her not to fear, and that she should even send my congrats to the ex.

But then, she added: "I know, it's crazy isn't it. I mean, he's marrying Jo-Jo of all people."


WHHAAAATTTTT?


(background: jo-jo was his high school girlfriend who was the biggest JAP you could ever conceive of. She also was an ongoing joke through out my tenure with the boyfriend story short: Jo-Jo is the Anti-June)


Well, I took back my well-wishes. I'm still not heart-broken, or even mad. I guess I'm just disappointed. Did he learn nothing?

Once you taste the sweet nectar that is June, how do you go back to Minute Maid Orange Juice from concentrate?

Anyway, there are two possibilities. 1) He has just personified everything I feared about Jewish male stereotypes. Good men look for non-challenging girl who wants to get engaged as soon as they are out of the womb. 2) He was never the person I had thought he was.

Anyway. I don't want to stick a karmic "Kick Me" sign on my back so...Congratulations to him. And while he resigns to marital mediocrity, I'll be getting my swerve on as a Gal About Town.

5 Comments:

Blogger OzzyC said...

There's been a lot of this going around lately.

12:53 PM  
Blogger rayray said...

Must be something in the waters........;)

6:33 PM  
Blogger KidItamae said...

I fear the experience of you may have shattered him forever. Knowing that he could never match you, he had to settle with something with something inherently not you. . . lest he be reminded of you and be forced to kill himself in saddness.

10:07 PM  
Blogger OzzyC said...

Oooooo.... that's a good one kid!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Kato said...

Now this is a quotable quote:
"Once you taste the sweet nectar that is June, how do you go back to Minute Maid Orange Juice from concentrate?"

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home